OK! Some details about our upcoming trip to Allerton Park! At this point, I haven't resolved parking details, trails, and all that
stuff, but I'm anticipating about a 3-hour visit in the park. Anyone is
welcome to leave early or try to meet up with us. I'll post an anticipated trail-route and more details in a few days.
First, my intention is to observe those beautiful creatures we call BIRDS! Second, I know VERY LITTLE about them. So, we may just have to wing it! I know.....I'm sorry. However, hopefully some of the resources below can help us get a start!!
Regardless, you can start to research which birds we may see at the eBird website. It seems fantastic, and it was strongly recommended by a birding friend.
A global map of eBird entries can be viewed here. You can zoom into North America.....all the way to Allerton or anywhere else.
Recent sighting at Allerton can be viewed here.
Apparently 6 of these Scarlet Tanagers were sighted in Allerton on May 8!!!! I want to see one! Some of the birders that enter data on eBird have recorded dozens of species every day from Allerton. So we are bound to see some of them!!

No comments:
Post a Comment