Tuesday, May 21, 2019

not quite a big year, but pretty close


Birding 101 was a success!.....I think :)    It took a while to see some birds....after first admiring the snails and frogs on the trail, but I think we caught the birding-bug.  The post-game stats:


AnimalCount
Robin1
Bluejay1
American Goldfinch1
Tree Swallow17
Black Throated Blue Warbler1
Black Capped Chicakdee1
Indigo Bunting1
Eastern Bluebird2
Goose 4
Vulcher1
Sparrow1
Snails26
Frogs18

We hear them.....but can't see them!  

Exploring the prairie

Only photo with an iPhone....tree swallow

ID the eastern bluebird

These are happy faces....but we were hot!  Very warm day!  

With the birding bug firmly in place....our family decided to watch a super-funny movie the next day....called The Big Year, which chronicles the birding adventures of 3 gentlemen who are trying to set the world record for most species sighted in a calendar year.


I think the next read in my non-stop-non-fiction (NSNF) personal book club will be: 
Check it out!  





No comments:

Post a Comment